Friday, January 12, 2007

and the Beads Go On ...




Turns out that the STR Winter’s Eve socks are not as hard as I thought. While there was lots of beading at the top of the sock, there are fewer and fewer beads called for as I move down the leg. I sure do wish, though, that I had not loaded on
all the beads for both socks before I started! It means that I have to move every bead over every inch of yarn until its turn comes to be knit. Next time, I will know better.

As the photo above shows, I’m more than half finished the leg portion of the first Winter’s Eve sock. Fingerless MittensI would have finished more if I hadn’t detoured into making a second of my STR Leftover Fingerless Mittens. Winter weather finally hit New England and I needed a second fingerless mitten to keep all my fingers warm and nimble!

No comments: