Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Knitting Alone on Winter's Eve

Lonely or not, it was a pleasure yesterday afternoon to watch the GMan drive off to pick up the Dots in town, leaving me with a few hours to myself. Was finally able to start the latest STR Rockin’ Sock Club socks. I love starting new things! I’d especially been looking forward to starting the Winter’s Eve since they’d be my first experience with beaded knitting. Yes, beaded socks—tres cool. Cast on, count stitches, but then comes row 2–hard to track, hard to get the needle in, hard to figure out how to handle the 500 beads I’d strung onto the yarn. Managed to do about 8 rows and like how the beads look with the yarn. As the pattern emerges, it begins to be a bit easier. But, this is going to be a loooong project. What does the song say? “Inch by inch, row by row…..”

Now this was not totally alone knitting as I had the company of both Dog 1 and Dog 2. They were disappointed that I opted for the tread mill over a beach walk (cold and windy!), but I’m fine with that as long as I don’t look into their eyes.

No comments: